Do I require a doctor’s referral?

No, physiotherapists are primary health care practitioners and do not require a referral from a doctor, however there are some extended health plans that do require a doctor’s referral to access funding; if you are using your extended health, it is best to check with them first.

What Should I bring to my appointment?

Please bring your BC Care Card, your extended health benefit card (if applicable), and/or claim numbers for ICBC or WorkSafeBC cases. While not required, if you have a doctor’s referral note, please bring it along with any imaging reports (X-ray, CT scan, MRI, other) or post-operative protocols given to you by your surgeon.

So we can properly assess the area in question, please wear comfortable clothing to the appointment, that will allow full range of movement. If the area of concern is below your low back, please wear shorts or bring them with you, and if you have custom orthotics/footwear, bring them as well. If you are female and the injured area is the upper body, please wear a sports bra or tank top to allow for proper assessment and patient privacy.

Where are you located?

We are located in Downtown Salmon Arm, in the KULA Wellness Centre on Hudson Ave NE. There is pay parking behind the building (accessed from Shuswap St N), 1hr street parking on Hudson Ave NE and Alexander St NE and 2hr free parking in the lot off Ross St NE.

Once inside KULA, please come upstairs and have a seat in the waiting room. If you have not been to Salmon Arm Physiotherapy before, please fill out the patient information form waiting for you on the counter. Your physiotherapist will come out to collect you when your appointment begins.

Please come 10 minutes early to your first appointment to allow time for filling out any necessary forms.

Does the government fund private physiotherapy?

Yes, but only for those that qualify for Premium Assistance, if you are unsure, please contact BC MSP to inquire. If you are eligible, MSP covers $23 for a total of 10 treatments of Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Podiatry and Chiropractic services per calendar year.

I have been in a motor vehicle accident, what should i do?

First, you need to file a claim with ICBC, reporting that you have medical issues and wait for approval; do this as soon as you can. Once your claim is approved, you can start receiving physiotherapy treatment, and the sooner your start treatment, the better. While you do not need to get a doctor’s referral, it is recommended that also make an appointment to see your doctor to document your injury.

Do you bill directly to my insurance company?

Yes, we direct bill many insurance companies, including but not limited to: Great West Life, Manulife, Sun Life Financial, Desjardins, Chamber of Commerce, Johnson, Pacific Blue Cross and Medavie Blue Cross (for RCMP or Veteran’s Affairs).

Most extended health plans only cover a portion of the treatment, this portion will be directly billed to the company, and you will only be responsible to pay the difference. It is your responsibility to know how much coverage you have, and what amount of coverage is left for the year; if you have run out, you will be responsible for the full fee.

How much does it cost?

We are competitive with our rates and strive to offer you excellent value and service; listed below are our base rates.

Initial Visit: $75 (45 minute appointment)

Subsequent Visit: $65 (30 minute appointment)

Extended Treatment: $90 (45 minute appointment)

Home Visit: $90 (45 minute appointment)

If you are covered by MSP Premium Assistance, MSP will cover $23 for each visit.

If you have a accepted ICBC Claim or an approved WorkSafeBC Claim, you have full coverage, and will not be charged anything out of pocket.

If you have extended health coverage, it is best to check with them to find out how much per visit they will cover and any annual maximums, as these can vary greatly between companies.

What kind of payment do you accept?

We accept Cash, Interact Flash (tap only), Credit Chip or tap (Visa/Mastercard), Apple Pay, Android Pay and e-Transfer.